For the first time ever, Leicester will be hosting a vegan market held in the historic outdoor market on the 12-June from 11am – 3pm.
It’s actually quite surprising this is our first vegan market considering Leicester is the home of the original vegan – Donald Watson. Leicester is also considered by many as the vegetarian capital of the UK, and a city that is becoming increasingly more vegan-friendly by the day.
With this in mind, the Leicester Vegan Community have put together an event where vegans and the vegan-curious can taste, try out and purchase products that abstain from using animals from businesses with a strong vegan ethos. The event isn’t just about the customer; Leicester Vegan Community would also like to help launch new vegan businesses. The fair will give entrepreneurs the face to face exposure that is so lacking in online trade today and open up new opportunities for all involved.
There will also be opportunity to support charities and community groups who are at the frontline of fighting to prevent animal cruelty and promote the vegan message.
The event is free to attend, and takes places from 11am to 3pm on Sunday, 12th June at the Leicester Market in the city center.
Here is a list of confirmed vendors so far:
- Absolutely Vegan: Burton’s very own regular vegan market trader
- Annie Mae Cheezie spread: vegan cheese spread
- Caribbean Vegan Catering: Leicester’s own and long-standing Caribbean caterers Trini Foods will be serving up for the masses
- Currant Affairs: Leicester health food shop serving snacks and fast food
- Farrinheight Foods: homemade vegan pop up
- Greens Vegan Catering: mobile vegan catering company
- Happily Raw: raw food delivery
- Karma Collective: pure vegan shop in Birmingham
- Lakeside Ethical Treats: vegan sweets, chocolates and other snacks
- LuVegan: cakes
- Mex It Up and Unless Hardcore Vegan Catering: street food collab
- Mithaas: pure veggie Indian food restaurant
- Numinums: mobile cafe offering organic vegan falafel and salad boxes
- Raw food Rosie: vegan brie cheese
- Rawbites: raw chocolate and health bars
- Temple of Seitan: vegan street food specialising in fried “chicken”
- Totally Vegan: fresh filtered coffee and specialist teas, cold snacks and cake
- Trishul Raw Chocolate: raw chocolate treats
- V Active
- V:GD: raw desserts
- Vegan Grindhouse: gourmet Americana style street food
- Vegan pizza Co: fresh baked pizzas
- Veggies Catering: tasty, wholesome snacks + information exploring the links between diet, animal suffering and the environment
- Vie is for Vegan: gluten free/allergy free cakes and sweet treats
- Vork Pie: vegan pies
- Willow & Dove: vegan chocolates, cakes and sweets, free from gluten, soya and refined sugars
Artists / Craft makers / clothes / other:
- 5050 Hydrate: water charity
Bad Alice illustration: artist
- Black Star Printshop: local vegan screen printers with their benefit t-shirt and tote bag stall
- CanWeFollowAlice: musician bringing handmade designs
- Clean & Natural: organic skin and haircare line
- Freet Footwear: vegan barefoot shoes
- Girl Against the Clones: eco-friendly greeting cards and more
- Grace’s Rest: non-profit rescue of exotic animals in crisis
- The Green House: plants
- Harpers Bizzare: vegan Candles
- IUVO Skincare: cosmetics entirely suitable for vegans
- Kaitlyn Elverson
- Katya Kulkova: vegan artist
- Leicester Bonsai Cacti and more: bonsai, cacti and other plants
- Leicestershire Vegan Families: will be doing free arts and craft activities for kids
- Sunu Ker Beauty: vegan hair care products
- Tiny Talk Leicester: baby singing and signing classes
- Animals in Need: Animal rescue centre
- Hope for horses: campaigning group
- The Horses’ Voice: horse rescue charity
- Notts nibblers: rodent rescue charity
- Viva!: general information
Be sure to Like the Leicester Vegan Community Facebook page for more updates.
I hope to see you there!