We just spent two nights in London and even though I go down there for work all the time, this is the first time in over a year (!) that I’ve gone just for fun. The main purpose of our trip was to go see The National, but we decided to spend a couple nights there, do some sightseeing and, of course, eat all the vegan food. The vegan food scene is exploding in London, and we only managed a tiny fraction of the restaurants we wanted to go to, including Fed by Water, 222 Vegan Buffet and Vx. Check out my vlog below for a look at our trip and all the delicious food we ate.
Because I would like this blog to be about more than just the above vlog, I’ve compiled a list of vegan restaurants in London that I’ve been to, and those that are on my list to visit. Hopefully this will inspire you on your next trip to London!
Places I’ve been (in no particular order):
- Tibits: Tibits is my go-to lunch spot in London. It’s a huge buffet with loads of options. Just be careful – you pay by weight!
- Coach and Horses: London’s first veggie pub. I had some delicious vegan fish n chips here recently.
- Club Mexicana: these guys do seriously good vegan Mexican food. They can be found at several locations, so check their website to find out where they’ll be next.
- Veggie Pret: Pret recently opened an all veggie/vegan store in Soho and has been so popular they’re now expanding to more locations!
- What the Pitta: tried these guys at the Vegan Campout and their kebabs are deeeeelicious.
- 222: vegan buffet as seen in my video above.
- Fed by Water: vegan Italian food, as seen in my video above.
- Vx: London’s first vegan shop, now serving delicious comfort food as seen in my video above.
Places on my list (in no particular order):
- Temple of Hackney: I’ve actually tried the chicken from Temple before they had their permanent residence in Hackney, but they’ve since expanded the menu and the food looks incredible – think crispy fried “chicken,” mac n cheez, etc.
- Yorica: vegan ice cream in Soho. Follow them on insta for seriously impressive looking creations.
- The Gate: vegan French and Italian style food, with a focus on fresh seasonal ingredients.
- Itadaki-zen: Vegan sushi! This one is near St Pancras which is my train station – so I really should visit soon.
- Pomodoro e Basilico: vegan burgers and Italian food stall.
- Just Fab Italia: vegan Italian food bus.
- Mooshie’s: delicious looking vegan burgers.
- The Gallery Café: vegan dishes, coffee, sweet treats, and healthy juices.
- Mildreds: internationally inspired vegan dishes from around the world.
- Vurger co: another place doing some serious impressive looking vegan burgers (I’m particularly fond of their liberal use of guacamole).
- Manna: internationally inspired vegetarian and vegan dishes from around the world.
- Sanctuary: vegan comfort food. This place was on my list to visit on this trip but was sadly closed the day we wanted to go.
- Cook Daily: vegan food stall with two locations and lots of interesting looking dishes.
- Spice Box: plant-powered Indian food stand.
- 90 Degree Melt: seriously decadent looking vegan American comfort food.
- Black Cat Cafe: mentioned by a reader – good looking burgers and other vegan food in Hackney.
- Vanilla Black: another reader suggestion – veggie restaurant in London serving up inventive veggie/vegan dishes.
What are your top places for vegan food in London? Anything I should add?